Tuesday 28 August 2018

Giant marks Anniversary & Merdeka with 'little giant stories'

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 28 (Bernama) -- As a long-standing name in the Malaysian retail scene, Giant Hypermarkets (Giant) is celebrating its 74th anniversary and National Day on Aug 31 with personal and heart-warming stories from its staff and customers.

The campaign, billed ‘Little Giant Stories’, shows Giant as a household name among Malaysians, as well as its role as one of the largest employers in Malaysia. 

Among the stories featured are those of its employees’ life and career growth. One of them is K. Malathy, a single mother of two who reminisced the early stages of her journey with Giant and working multiple jobs to support her family.

"When I started at Giant, I had to clean houses on my off days to support my family. Now I own three houses, two which I rent out.

“A lot of people looked down on me at that time, even making fun of how I was a cleaner. Twenty six years with Giant, I really believe that I wouldn’t have made it in life without the support and opportunities at Giant,” said Malathy. 

Giant, in a statement, said: “With stores in almost every community around the nation and 74 years of experience in the local market, it’s no wonder every one of us have a unique Giant story to tell - especially those who are a part of our Giant Family.”

Read more ‘Little Giant Stories’ and watch a compilation video at https://www.giant.com.my/littlegiantstories/

-- BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment